Dear Parents & Caregivers,
As of today, Tuesday 28 April, we have 72 students returning to LDC classes at the Padbury campus, 26 learning at home and a further 10 who have not yet decided or not replied.
School Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
The Premier has advised that parents/carers are not to be on school sites. Below are the protocols for parents/carers when dropping your child off in the morning and picking them up in the afternoon.
• Drop off time: 8:30 am – 8:50 am. Please watch your child enter their classroom from the allocated parent area. Kindy students can enter class from the gate. For pre-primary and year ones, a staff member wearing a duty vest will be near the allocated parent area to assist students.
• Pick up time: 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm. A staff member will dismiss your child to you in the afternoons. Please wait in your allocated area.
• Ensure you maintain at least a 1.5m distance from other families.
• Please leave the school as soon as your child has entered their classroom in the morning, and as soon as you have collected your child in the afternoon.
|Class||Drop off/pick up area for parents|
|Kindy A Mrs Marino||Kindy gate near basketball court|
|Kindy B Mrs Hemadou||Kindy gate near basketball court|
|PPA Miss Nguyen||Kindy gate near basketball court|
|PPB Mrs Rogers||Netball court (children enter outside classroom door)|
|PPC Miss Bennett||Netball court (children enter outside classroom door)|
|Year 1A Mrs Whittington||Netball court (children enter outside classroom door)|
|Year 1B Mrs Vladich||Netball court (children enter outside classroom door)|
|Year 1C Mrs Liebold||Netball court at playground edge (children enter outside classroom door)|
If you are dropping your child off late (after 8:50am) or picking your child up early (prior to 2:30pm) please phone the office on 9401 5433. Please do not go to your child’s classroom or the office. A staff member will meet you at the allocated parent area. If you need to drop anything to the office (e.g. forms, medication) again phone the office and a staff member will meet you.
If your child is unwell for any reason (e.g. cough, temperature, fatigue, sore throat, nasal congestion, headache, gastro symptoms) please keep your child at home. The same will apply to staff, with unwell staff staying at home. If your child appears unwell at school, we will call you to collect them (in your allocated area).
Additional safety measures at school include:
• All students hand washing for 20 secs multiple times during the school day.
• Encouraging students not to touch others at all times.
• Additional cleaning, including disinfecting hard surfaces and play equipment throughout the school day.
• No assemblies or excursions.
• Where possible, spacing students apart in the classroom and for eating times.
Please ensure that you are connected to your child’s Class Dojo. This will be the main means of classroom communication this term. Contact the office if you are unable to connect to Dojo.
We will continue to keep you updated with the latest information. Thank you for your support.
A Copy of the Letter: Letter for parents at Padbury 28-4-20